Setup the new cross-platform ASP.NET Core with Visual Studio Code on a Linux machine quickly? It’s a bit tedious to do all the required installation bits, not to mention to figure out the little issues.
Then fill the parameters with values
- Run full Ubuntu-Desktop? (installation will take much longer, but you can play Mahjong)
- Resource-Group Name
and click “Create”.
The ARM Template installs:
- Docker (from Docker Extension)
- Ubuntu Desktop with XRDP and xfce4 (Full or Minimal)
- Visual Studio Code
- .NET Core SDK
- NodeJS and NPM v6
- Yeoman with ASP.NET Generator
- C# Extension for Visual Studio Code in Visual Studio Code
Later use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to your machine! Computer:<DNS-Name>.<Location of Resource Group>.cloudapp.azure.com. Enter your credentials in the xrdp login dialog. Make sure “sesman-Xvnc” is selected!
Read more about the ASP.NET Generator at the blog of Scott Hanselman.
Enjoy playing with .NET Core and Visual Studio Code running in Windows Azure